Ford said Friday it is planning cut to its salaried workforce in an effort to make the company more efficient.
The news was reported Friday in both the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press, but confirmed with CNBC.
The company does not yet know how many jobs it plans to cut, the company said. But it expects to have more details by the second quarter of 2019. Ford said it employs 70,000 salaried workers.
CEO Jim Hackett has said the second largest U.S. automaker needs to improve its financial health.
Shares of Ford were flat on the news. The stock has fallen 26.9 percent since the beginning of the year, and was just over $9 a share on Friday afternoon.
Ford hired Hackett in early 2017 after seeing its stock languish under previous management, despite delivering several profitable quarters. However, since then some investors have grown frustrated with what they say is a lack of a specific plans to improve the company’s outlook. Shares have fallen from a 52-week high of $13.33 set on Jan. 16 to a 52-week low of $9.09 on Thursday.
The post Ford is planning cuts to its salaried workforce appeared first on USNewsRank.