Harry and Meghan ‘may not stick around in UK for long after move’Harry and Meghan ‘may not stick around in UK for long after move’
Prince Harry and Meghan are set to move back to the UK in a matter of days (Picture: Zak Hussein / BACKGRID)

Harry and Meghan may decide to move on again quickly after spending some time living in the UK, according to reports.

On Wednesday, it was revealed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be setting up a British home for the first time in more than six years later this month.

The move will ensure their two children, Archie and Lilibet, start the new school year in the UK – with the specific location kept tightly under wraps.

Sponsored

But a story in the Sunday Times suggests Harry and Meghan’s return may not be permanent.

Two sources ‘close to the Sussexes’ told the paper that the couple did not expect their move to be ‘for ever’.

Sign up for all of the latest stories

Start your day informed with Metro’s News Updates newsletter or get Breaking News alerts the moment it happens.

One is quoted saying: ‘It’ll be an extended period of time — it could be six months, it could be a year, it could be more — I don’t think even they know yet.’

They added: ‘They might suddenly go: “Why don’t we try Canada for a while? Why don’t we try Australia?”‘

Such a rapid departure from the UK would be surprising, after Harry spent recent years repeatedly saying how much he misses his home country.

The move will also make it easier for the duke to visit his father King Charles and introduce his family to his other relatives – though any hopes for a rapprochement between him and his brother William may be premature.

Sponsored

Royal expert Duncan Lanscombe told Metro earlier he ‘can’t see any reconciliation with William as far as things stand’ after everything Harry and Meghan made a number of accusations during their time away.

He said: ‘Harry told [ITV] in his interview, that the ball was effectively in the royal court – it was for them to reach out.

‘I think William feels the exact opposite and that he’s owed an apology, his wife’s owed an apology, and if Harry and Meghan don’t give that apology and make the effort, I don’t think there’s any hope for the end of the rift.’

The Prince and Princess of Wales still have beef with the Sussexes (Picture: Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

It was previously reported that Meghan had been offered a role in the Netflix series The Gentlemen – created by her friend Guy Ritchie – for her return to the UK.

But reports suggest this is no longer the case following backlash to the casting.

Well-connected royal author Tina Brown wrote on X yesterday: ‘I have heard that Meghan Markle’s role in Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen is OFF.

‘Public backlash was too fierce. This does not bode well for Meghan’s acting comeback in the UK.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@usnewsrank.com.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x