(Picture: John Dunne)
Witnesses described how people were ‘running for their lives’ after blades were drawn and two people suffered injuries in front of families in north London.
A fight broke out on Kilburn High Road at just after 5.40 on Sunday.
One of the victims staggered into a chicken shop seeking help after the incident which took place in a street full of shoppers.
Both the injured people were taken to a major trauma centre with paramedics from the air ambulance among those scrambled to the scene.
One man, 38, who lives near the chicken shop where one victim collapsed told Metro: ‘It was very frightening people were running all over the place, it’s like they were running for their lives to get away, people had no idea if it was a terror incident or what.
‘One guy staggered down the road with what looked like a stab injury. This was in front of shoppers with kids and people out for their Sunday lunch. They were all scattering and heading for shelter in shops. There was panic.’
A local shopkeeper told Metro: ‘I heard someone shout ‘he’s been stabbed’ and there was a guy staggering. The next thing there was a swarm of police and ambulances.
‘It was busy on the high road you don’t expect this at that time. Maybe after pub throwing out time but this is truly shocking.’
A number of police cars were at the scene and the Metropolitan Police has launched an investigation.
Detectives are collecting CCTV footage from around the scene as part of the inquiry.
A large police cordon was set up along Kilburn High Road yesterday but had been opened by this morning.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: ‘We were called at 5.46pm on Sunday 5 January to reports of a stabbing on Kilburn High Road, NW6.
‘We sent resources to the scene, including ambulance crews, an advanced paramedic and an incident response officer. We also dispatched a trauma team in a car from London’s Air Ambulance.
Latest London news
- Plan reveals how £15,000,000,000,000 tunnel could connect London and New York
- Shoppers heartbroken as ‘legendary’ 120-year-old London department store closes
- Fast food chain from Netherlands that ‘beats McDonald’s’ has launched in London
To get the latest news from the capital visit Metro’s London news hub.
‘We treated two patients at the scene and took them to major trauma centres.’
The Met had been contacted for comment.
Discover more from USNewsRank
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.